Skip to content
Bath Removals Essential Storage Packing Tips
- The use of sturdy boxes, masking / heavy duty tape, bubblewrap, portable wardrobes, newspaper, blankets and covers will protect your goods whilst in storage.
- Ensure that you fill every box to their full capacity – partially packed or overpacked boxes may tip or even collapse.
- Remember to label your boxes clearly – room by room – which will ensure the arduous task of unpacking is a little easier, in addition, should you need to find something in storage you will easily know which box to start looking for.
- Don’t forget to clearly write in huge letters ‘THIS WAY UP’ and ‘FRAGILE’ on boxes (in Permanent marker so the writing does not rub off) containing breakable items.
- Choosing smaller boxes for heavy items like books and plates will make your boxes easier to lift, and larger boxes for lighter items such as curtains, duvets and bed linen.
- Books should always be packed flat, not on their spines, largest and heaviest at the bottom and lighter / paperbacks higher up the box.
- Avoid using cheap bin bags as they are very prone to ripping and lack ventilation – which can cause mildew to blossom on fabrics, curtains, etc
- Fit more clothes into your space by hiring or buying a vacuum storage system (or Vacuum cleaner) that actually sucks air out of specially designed bags – available in most DIY and department stores.
- Dismantle items of furniture down into smaller parts as tables and bed frames can usually be disassembled, making them smaller to store.
- Stack your container or storage unit with the heavy boxes first at the bottom, with the lighter boxes on top – remember to face your labels forward!